INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS
Scan Active, IP ID :
Spamguard is Enabled
THESE TERMS GOVERN YOUR ( “you” , “user” , “customer” , "visitor" ) USE OF THIS WEBSITE: www.UltrafastSensors.com (“website” , “site” , “we” , “us” , “our” , “document” , “brochure” , “material” , “intellectual property” , “business” ). BY ACCESSING THIS SITE, YOU CONFIRM YOUR ACCEPTANCE AND AGREEMENT OF TERMS 1 – 15 LISTED BELOW. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY. This information is dated December 12th , 2008 and supersedes all prior notices and documents in the site.
01. The terms 01-15 given below apply to all visitors and all users who access this site by direct access (proxy visits are not allowed), and view information contained by any means (electronic, pdf, or printed hard copy) at each visit. Terms 01 - 15 apply to all purchasers and all end users of the products listed, offered, and sold (by cash, check, money order, e-transfer, funds wire, bank transfer, debit, or credit) on all web pages of this website, as well as custom products not listed on this site and developed for particular user applications, which may or may not be covered by non-disclosure agreements. If you do not accept these terms then you must immediately cease all access and all use of this site. Your continued access of this site confirms your acceptance, your employer’s acceptance, and their business affiliations acceptance, of the terms 01 - 15 in full.
03. The Material may not be modified or altered in any way. You may not remove or delete any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the documents and information. The rights granted to you as a customer constitute a license with restrictions determined by us, and NOT a transfer of title.
04. Website and Availability : Recognizing the global nature of the Internet you agree to comply with all international rules regarding online conduct. You also agree to comply with applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States to the country in which you reside.
05. You may review and print one copy only of portions of the site for your own restricted personal use, specifically for decisions pursuant to purchasing components for sale listed on this site, and applying these components in an appropriate legal manner.
06. Customers and Purchasing Responsibilities : We sincerely appreciate your selection of our business to fulfil your requirements and we are honored to serve you, fully aware of your complete freedom to choose from a veritable multitude of options, technology, and innovations available from across the world. Our function and goal is to satisfy customer requrements to the best of our ability, keeping within practical limits of feasability, time, value, hardware-component availability, state-of-the-art technology, current industry standards and practises, and general business courtesy. Please ensure that you have a genuine interest in purchasing and utilizing products listed on this site, and are capable of paying in full for all purchases immediately on issuance of invoice and receipt. Please note that invoices for all custom products and developments are issued in advance, and must be fully prepaid prior to commencement of fabrication. These costs are non-refundable and custom products are non-returnable. The ultimate responsibility for on-site compatibility rests with the customer, and we can provide limited technical support. Please make sure of full usage and compatibility of all components with your systems prior to purchase. We quote normal delivery times of 1 week or longer, based on our current stock, components availability, work schedule, and other factors. In some instances there may be delays in fulfilment beyond quoted delivery dates, and we urge customer patience and understanding to effectively complete orders. All components and assembled modules are tested during the assembly process. Please note that all products in OEM (bare) format are non-returnable consumables (which includes all photodiode amplifiers, amplified and unamplified photodetectors, photodiodes, and microwave components), the purchase of which requires payment in advance, prior to shipment. Once these products are subjected to soldering, packaging, and possibly careless general handling, they could be compromised by ESD and other external forces and may not perform to original specifications. We are not responsible and / or liable in any way for any misuse or any damage by any operator, in any operation involving our products, in any capacity, to any systems at end user sites, and to any employees / contractors / personnel and their belongings. We do retain the right to refuse service or terminate service for any reason determined by us for which notification may be provided verbally, by e-mail, by phone, or by any convenient means of communication. This could occur, for example, if component parts are declared obsolete by the (OEM) manufacturer, or stock is unavailable, or the project is unfeasibile, or if the product is updated, or for any other reason assessed solely by us, at our discretion, which could make service unattainable / unachievable. We eschew returns requests for superficial reasons or for used and/or damaged products, habitual delays in payments, requests for free products and services, requests for price changes and adjustments. Please refer to items 08.-12. below for issues pertaining to invoices and payments. ALL shipments are FOB ORIGIN, and once the package containing purchased products leaves our facility and is deposited at the shippers desk / dock, and a receipt is issued by the shipper, we have absolutely no control or responsibility over its route and its condition to the customer specified destination address. We highly recommend that ALL high value purchases are insured by the customer to protect your purchase investment, and to mitigate loss in the event of damage or non delivery. Please be aware that carrier insurance is not considered reliable in industry.
07. We commit to respecting the privacy and the intellectual rights of users of this sight. We request and expect reciprocal commitment from all users. We do not maintain any customer information once the transaction is completed. We do not actively target customers past, present, or potential based on purchasing history, nor do we solicit sales in competition with other manufacturers. We do not engage in pressure salesmanship – while we do provide relevant product information, our policy is that all existing and potential customers are completely free to make their own purchasing decisions in a mature businesslike manner, without any obligation to us, and without any active solicitation or targeted marketing from our staff..
08. A contract to supply you with goods and services will be created when we accept your purchase order (which we confirm by phone, in writing, or by e-mail). Please note that all quote requests must include full contact information (address, phone, e-mail, etc.) of the end user, supervisor, and purchasing offical. For example, university researchers must provide full contact information for themselves, the project principal investigator (at the professorial level or the department chairman), and the administrative assistant issuing purchase orders.
09. We may, if time permits, provide one-or-two measurements on customer-supplied items. This limited service is for confirmed customers only. Measurements are also offered as a separate service. Please contact us for details.
10. Taxes, shipping, handling, and insurance are costs added on to the base price of purchased items. Local taxes in the user’s destination are the full responsibility of the purchaser. This includes customs clearance, consumption, VAT, and other city, locale (county, canton, prefecture, etc.), state, and federal taxes for domestic or overseas destinations. Credit card orders are automatically charged an additional non-refundable 5% fee for merchant account processing. All billing enquiries must be addressed to the accounts department and settled within 30 days of the date of the original invoice submitted immediately after shipment.
11. All sales are final (ref. item 05.). We do not accept returns unless under prior agreement and arrangement solely for purposes of evaluation. Returned items require an RMA and must be shipped expedited, and received by us within five business days. We do not accept returns on damaged items, and the purchaser is responsible for the full cost and shipping of the damaged item. Any items returned must be in original factory condition with all original packing materials. A 15% restocking fee is assessed, and is due immediately, for late returns or returns without original packing. The customer pays all round-trip shipping costs. Unauthorized returns without an RMA number are automatically rejected and returned to the sender. All credit card orders incur a non-refundable 5% returns fee. Please note all credit card order returns are reimbursed by check only.
12. Payment must be received at our facility before the due date as specified on your Purchase Order, and as indicated on our Invoice. Payments not received by the due date result in automatic cancellation of credit benefits. Payments past the due date are subject to the following schedule: 30 days – 1.75% (30 days) plus $25 late fee; 60 days – 3.55% (60 days) plus $50 late fee; 90 days – 5.45% (90 days) plus $75 late fee. In addition to these charges, if our closing invoices for the costs of the returned items are not paid within 90 days, a restocking fee of 15% (of equipment cost plus shipping) is automatically applied to the outstanding bill. Beyond 90 days we report the transaction to US Federal Government Agencies, including but not limited to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Attorney General’s Offices of the State of Colorado and the purchaser’s state of business. We also initiate legal proceedings to recover our costs, which include all fees incurred in the litigation process. After the 90-day period unpaid invoices will also continue to accrue interest at the rate of 2% on the unpaid balance, and an additional fee of $25 per 30-day period. AFTER 90 DAYS PAYMENT MUST BE MADE BY CERTIFIED CHECK OR MONEY ORDER.
13. Site Usage and Permissions : You may not access and use this site and its e-mail addresses to transmit viruses, worms, spam, solicitations, defects, and (in general) schemes of any kind. We have a zero-tolerance policy for attempts at proxy (disguised) visits, phishing, theft of our intellectual property, hacking, spreading malicious code, unrecognized bots, e-mail spam, unsolicited proposals, e-harassment, and any malicious internet behavior, which is determined at our discretion. We strongly discourage stealthy, or vague, or intrusive, or discourteous, or aggressive behaviors and practises, unreasonable demands, presumptions, and hypothetical assessments, in relation to our business, products, services, and payment, which will result in immediate termination of relationship and services.
14. Site Info & Updates : We reserve the right to periodically update, amend, add, delete, and modify the format, the documents, and the contents of this site without any notification to any party. We reserve the right to add new products, to modify existing products, to revise specifications and pricing of existing products, and to discontinue products without any notification to any party. We do not accept or allow unsolicited business-catalog or search engine listings of our products and categories, unsolicited requests for information about our products, our designs, our company and our business logistics. We eschew aggressive business behavior and practices, plagiarism of our website, our technologies, our components, our hardware, and our designs. We strive to maintain accurate information on our website, however if there is a typographical (or any other) error we appreciate notification.
15. We respect and abide by all US government laws and regulations regarding the export of our products and technology. Our products sold overseas are not for re-export. We reserve the right to refuse service if any contradictions to these laws are foreseen, or should arise in the course of business.